Wool & Flax

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dinner & a Cutie

I am late posting about this past week's CSA delivery, but better late than never, right?  We got lots of leafy veg this week, including a TON of spinach, butter lettuce, field greens, and some greens (not sure eactly the variety), as well as some oregano, snap peas (pic below - I love the sweet little flowery-looking tops!) and asparagus. 


With so many greens, I knew I had to do something more than just a plethora of salads, so I decided to make a pizza with the asparagus, spinach & oregano.  I think anything and everything must taste good on a pizza, but that's just me!  Used a basic pizza crust recipe, using half AP flour and half whole wheat flour, sauteed some onions and spinach, chopped up the asparagus & oregano, and threw it all on the par-baked crust, then topped with a light layer of mixed italian cheeses.  It's hard to feel bad about eating this pizza when it tastes so good!!

 
In addition to this delicious food, I have a cutie to share with you.  This picture may not seem special to anyone, but G is wearing his daddy's outfit from 28 years ago.  Thanks so much to the Walters' for keeping these things to share with us.  He's such a cutie!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. The food was delish but my favorite part was the Cutie!!!

    PS: You are clever and I like it :)

    ReplyDelete