Wool & Flax

Friday, May 20, 2011

A new Blog, and a LOT of happenings!!

I decided it was time for me to just bite the bullet and start my own blog.  No, people weren't begging me to start a blog; to be honest, I wonder if anyone would even WANT to read a blog I write!  But, this is really for me.  I don't journal - I know I should, but I don't - so this would be a place that I can write things down, not only for myself, but for my darling G, as he grows and changes.  I also want to record some of the food items I make, so that I actually remember what it is I've done!!!  This year we've joined a CSA (community supported agriculture) via Elmwood Stock Farm and I'm so excited about it!  Not only will it force us to eat lots of fruits and veggies every week, but it will be fun trying to find or create new recipes for these items.  More on this in the next few days, but right now all I can think of is THE BIRTHDAY.

My baby G is turning 1 tomorrow!  ONE.  Can it be?  Has he already been with us a year?  It's so hard to believe.  I know everyone says it, but it really just feels like yesterday that we were driving to the hospital for my induction.  Here's a pic of that first night (before any pain!)!

        (We like to hold up numbers on our fingers signifying important things.  # 1 = our first baby!)

Anyways, the presents have been bought, decorations purchased, special hat made, and the cake just came out of the oven.  I'm making him a yellow cake with traditional buttercream icing.  I'm a yellow cake kind of girl.  That has been my birthday cake almost every year (this past year my mommy went to great lengths to make me a red velvet cake!).  I really like this yellow cake recipe that I'm using, from America's Test Kitchen.  It's super easy (a bonus!), and comes out so tasty.

           (Not that I know how it tastes in raw form.  Not that I licked the spatula.  Nope, not me.)

Cannot wait for the party tomorrow!!  I can't wait to celebrate this past year with my little G Bob!

2 comments:

  1. Raw is the BEST way to eat a cake!! Tell G Money that the Lessig's said Happy "G" Day!

    Blogging is great. I wanted to start one to show the kids when they're older. I jusy may now. I'll read yours if you read mine!! ;)

    Elyse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elyse! You should start one - I'll read it! :)

    ReplyDelete